Friday, May 29, 2020

Summer Ready


It's a strange transition from school year to summer this year because we don't have the typical last days of school, heading out the school doors straight into summer.  Many summer activities are canceled. I know I'm personally sad to not have Camp Invention this year. What's summer without camps, swimming pools, and sports activities. I know some of these activities will take place on a smaller scale but I feel like more than ever this will be somewhat of a solitary summer for some students. Families may still feel hesitant to get out there and mingle with others. I miss greeting people with a hug.

With all that may be missing from our summer, we need to find other activities to entertain us other than streaming YouTube, TikTok, or Insta all day.  When this pandemic kept us from heading back to school I started reading chapter books to two different grade levels using Google Classroom. I've loved reading like this every day and making connections with students about books and what is happening in our lives. I like it so much I'm going to continue to read over the summer w/ you if you are interested in listening. Email me (michelle.holt@cfschools.org) with questions and the links for the Google Classroom page and code. It needs to be shared privately for copyright reasons. Mrs. Swestka will also share information in her Friday email.  Help me choose between these four titles to read first, second, third...

This is a way to stay proactive and connected with families, students, and books. I LOVE to read and this is my way of sharing that feeling. Stay positive, stay connected. Have a great summer and I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment